Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Days after Chemo

It has been a struggle to find the time to place a new blog. The time is not that there is no time but discovering the time when I am not nauseated or vomiting. The first day of chemo went well. There was no untoward side effect and it certainly gave a false hope of not experiencing the dreaded N/V and stomatitis. Sensitivity to the cold, anything cold has been interesting. oxaliplatin gives this SE quickly. This is a form of neuropathy but goes away as quick as it came when warmed up. VERY PAINFUL!

The BIG boys are coming, according to Dr. Hicks. I am convinced that whether I live or die from this process, it is not left up to me, but how I live and present myself physically now is my job. This door of chemo is the only pathway I have to remission and I will truly give it all. A small price to pay for remission!

My heart goes out to anyone going through chem and cancer, of any type. My internal radar is developing to sense those around me that they are going through this process. So many cancer patients are warriors and can fight off a pak of bengal tigers. Such a great achievement to finally finish chemo and discover that your efforts produce the great word of remission.

An item that has been pulling at me is the lack of support groups in this area. There is a remnant of one but is essentially non-functional. Im sure that the people which have directed the program have brought insight into many cancer sufferers. I have hopes to intercede with the remnants of this program  and attempt to launch a fresh Cancer Prayer Support Group.


No comments:

Post a Comment