Sunday, March 24, 2013

Third Round- Still not out

Finished the second round with a fury of side effects. Down and out for four days but recovered well thereafter. I was able to go to the SEC tourney in Nashville and shoot pics throughout the games. A great time with fellow photographers. The tourney was exciting to say the least.

The third round began thursday March 21, 2013. My oncologist changed Oxaliplatin to Irinotecan. Too many side effects with the former. These included the usual N/V but a mild form of optic neuritis. I went blind for awhile and began to see through a small opening in the center of the eye. Peripheral neuropathy was crippling and thus unable to walk.

This round was terrible the first day but since a slow progressive feeling of strength and eating better. I lean heavily to the sayings of friends and authors, ill share a few:


“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

“Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean just that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be.”

“If our testimonies are strong onthis point and if we feel the absolute assurance that God loves us, we will change our questons. We won't ask, 'Why did this happen?' or 'Why doesn't God care about me?' Instead, our questions will become, 'What can I learn from this experience?' or 'How does the Lord want me to handle this?”

Through adversity, anyones adversity, I pray for mine and their Strength, Peace, Encouragement!
Psalms 29:11 The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

Psalm 16: 7-8 In the midst of my groanings the Lord counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. With Him at my right hand I will not be shaken!

Thank you all for incredible support. Baptist Health Richmond recently has Orange day for my cause. Incredibly humbling. It truly gives strength and courage to plow through these tough times and look forward to starting work again.

Family support is unwavering! Their strength, encouragement and prayer daily is my strength and makes all things focused on what amazing things the Lord is doing.

Thank you, as always
Your friend
Bo Morris



 

No comments:

Post a Comment