Monday, April 8, 2013

The New Me

Chemo began in February and I have begun to look like the Egyptian cat. Skin Head! Hair has been falling out by merely running my fingers through the hair, without pulling mind you. Hair protects the skin and conserves heat. It also plays a role in self image. Well, I am without protection, I am loosing heat and my image is bare, only on the surface.

Hair falls out at the root when the bulb shrinks, Hair falls out spontaneously, during light trauma, like running your hand through the hair or brushing it. There is nothing that can help the loss. No shampoo or hair growth stimulant or cosmetic treatment. I ask myself- would a toupee work? It is just not me!
My Tennessee, UK, Boston Red Sox, and Gibson Bay hats will just have to do. I look forward to it growing back. maybe dark brown and curly. Maybe even my ole Afro look again, a remnant from the seventies.


This week is drug free week and next Monday begins the triple threat. Xeluda, Irinotecan, Avastin.
The Oncology team has decided to give me two extra days of fluids and anti-nausea, since I was so sick the last time, for seven days. Mind you I am very positive and I am very aware of the inner peace that God has given me through this process. In addition my wife, who is a Saint by her own right, keeps me from falling too low, that is emotionally, and reminds me daily of Gods love and that He is in control.

I am continually active with photography. The Saturday prior to Easter I took some pictures while the fog was beginning to burn off.



I had to frame the first two, in a 13x19 print to a 18x36 frame and a double matte.
I have recently been approved to shoot at the Lexington Legends and the Cincinnati Reds games. An exciting and long season. The University of Kentucky spring football game is around the corner and that will be fun, especially with the new recruits and the new coach.

Isaiah 53:5-6
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned ever one  to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts ! I miss being at work, with the office staff and with the patients who have been so supportive through my journey.

Sincerely,
Always in Gods Peace, Strength and Courage.
Bo Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment